Share:

Secondary school teacher 190 nsw  

RSS
(@sunny)
New Member Registered

I submitted my eoi in Feb but still didn't get an invitation. Now I am a bit anxious if I will ever get invited and my skill assessment result would expire before invitation arrives.

Q1. what happens if my skill assessment expires before or in the middle of visa application?

I was wondering if I would have a better chance if I study English and get a set of superior score for 20pts. Then I would be able to apply 189. For now, I have IELTS 9/8.5/7/8 so that means I have to study English writing VERY HARD to make all 8888. (currently considering other tests too, such as PTE) It looks like I am going to study anyway, but I would like to know if my hope to be invited soon is just silly ...

Q2. Should I study or wait?

Posted : August 5, 2017 2:17 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Sunny, how many points did you get? Also, your skills assessment should be valid for quite a long time. When did you complete you skills assessment?
Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2017 1:04 am
(@sunny)
New Member Registered

I got 55pts without state govt sponsorship, so with it i make exactly 60pts ... if i get 20pts with superior English then i would be able to apply 189 with 65pts.

About my skill assessment result, i have got it at the end of January this year, and heard that it is valid for a year ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2017 1:49 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Sunny, sorry for the delay in replying. I have been away for the past week.

I would be inclined to study and get the extra 20 points for superior English.

The most recent round would suggest that the average points score was 70 for 189 visas and the number of regional visas being offered is currently quite low.

http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/26-july-2017-round-results.aspx

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2017 2:00 am
(@sunny)
New Member Registered

Just checked the link you attached and it looks like Im doomed. haha even when I succeed to get 20pts by superior english, i would be still with 65pts in total, where we all clearly see that above 70pts gets invited. I thought it would be easier since secondary teacher was kind of high demand considering the numbers of occupation ceiling.

Right now what I can hope is to get 20pts first and apply 190 again with higher pts, 70pts instead of current 60pts. Do you think that would be my best chance? I think once I achieve superior english score, i will apply 189 anyway together just in case.

Thank you for your reply, it gives me some insight.

Sunny

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2017 2:14 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

No worries Sunny. Keep in mind your chances of being invited is dependent on the average scores of the other applicants applying under the same occupation.

If a large number of the applicants have lower scores, you will still have a good chance of receiving an invitation.

Good luck

MArk

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2017 2:32 am
(@sunny)
New Member Registered

Dear Mark,

One last question. Im trying to figure out how to get more pts. There is something.

At least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement

5pts. My question is, should it be relevant to the skill Im applying for? For example, even if I get a diploma about hospitality or business/management, which are not related to secondary teacher, the skill I am applying for, will it still count?

I would really appreciate your help. Cheers

Sunny

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 21, 2017 2:49 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Sunny, although it is preferable that it aligns with your occupation (as this will help with your skills assessment in some instances) it will still count as long as it meets the additional criteria listed here

Regards

Mark.

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2017 4:05 am
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register