Share:

Working experience  

RSS
(@tommywong)
New Member Registered

Good afternoon people.

I have a question regarding working experience when assessing my points for Permanent residency application.

I am on student visa at the moment and working part time as assistant accountant which related to my study.

Does this count in working experience or does it count from when I graduate?

Thanks heaps

Posted : November 21, 2018 5:56 pm
(@genesis)
New Member Registered

Hey Tommy

yes i do believe it would count in as an additional point(s).  but i think it should be related with the degree or the area of your expertise or experience and the tenure of practice.

for more info, please check this table. im sure it would be a great help:

<a href=" removed link "> removed link

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2019 8:57 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

@genesis

Hi mate, as a new member your ability to post links are automatically moderated (this reduces the likelihood of spam on the board). Thanks for your understanding. As we get to know you, your ability to post links etc will be relaxed.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and welcome. 🖐️ 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2019 10:03 am
Genesis liked
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: @tommywong

Good afternoon people.

I have a question regarding working experience when assessing my points for Permanent residency application.

I am on student visa at the moment and working part time as assistant accountant which related to my study.

Does this count in working experience or does it count from when I graduate?

Thanks heaps

Hi Tammy

Work experience up to 10 years old can be counted, and both work experience in Australia and overseas can be counted.

For example, if you have worked prior to studying in Australia, your work experience might give you some points.

To be able to use your work experience for migration purposes, it must meet the following criteria:

• Closely Related: only work experience in your occupation, or closely related skilled occupation, can be counted for points.
  • Post Qualification: work experience must be after completion of the relevant entry-level qualification. This would generally be a bachelor degree, diploma or trade certificate depending on your occupation. Work whilst studying in Australia would not count, unless you had already completed an entry-level qualification in your home country prior to studying here.
  • At least 20 hours per week: only weeks where you have worked for at least 20 hours can count as skilled
  • In compliance with visa conditions: if you have breached visa conditions (e.g. by breaching the 40 hours per fortnight student visa condition 8105), your work experience will not count.

Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2019 10:08 am
Genesis liked
(@genesis)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hey Mark! thanks for letting me know mate, i appreciate it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2019 8:44 pm
Mark liked
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register