Notifications
Clear all

482 Sponsorship, where do i even begin!  

RSS
Davidmfj1988
(@davidmfj1988)
New Member Registered

Hi guys,

New member here still trying to figure this all out so bare with me haha!

My names David, I live in Scotland, i'm 31 and realise this is the cut off age for a holiday/working type visa. I tried agencies before for acquiring permanent residency but i fell short because i don't have an NVQ3 or Degree. 482 sponsorship seems to be the next logical avenue to explore but honestly i have no idea where to begin!

I have a diverse skill set and qualifications ranging from years of construction work including operating heavy plant, to being a qualified chainsaw operator doing forestry and geo-technical works which was further incorporated into IRATA Rope Access. I am currently Level 2 Rope Access soon to acquire a level 3 qualification. From job searches online it seems to be advertised a lot around Australia but as you have mentioned it appears more locally based job vacancies. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Respectfully David

Posted : April 14, 2020 10:33 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Welcome, David. It's good to meet you mate! ?️ 

It's pretty easy to overthink 482 sponsored visas, In it's most simple form it is the visa that an employer needs to organise if they are looking to employ a candidate from overseas.

The tricky thing with 482 visas is finding jobs offering sponsorship, we have looked to try and address this by using an algorithm to search Australian job boards and pull out jobs offering sponsorship. We then list these jobs here.

We also offer the ability to receive job alerts like a traditional job board. Instructions on how to do this are here. This way we can email you if a job becomes available matching our criteria.

Safe to say, your chances of being selected for sponsorship are like any other job application process. You apply for a job, you get an interview, and if you are the most suitable candidate you will receive a job offer (and sponsorship). As such, the challenge isn't just finding a job but also competing with other candidates seeking sponsorship.

Given the wonders of COVID-19 and the fact that Australia has completely shut it's borders the number of job vacancies has dropped off by a good 80%, I expect this will raise when the madness stops ? 

I hope this helps David. Feel free to ask any further questions. You can also find the official Australian migration site resources for 482 Visas here. 

Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 5:06 pm
Davidmfj1988
(@davidmfj1988)
New Member Registered

@mark

Thank you for the reply mark, I've set up the job alerts and been checking the government website regarding the 482 visa. Yeah this covid-19 has certainly put a big halt on everything just now but the silver lining is it gives me plenty of time to research and put things into place. 

Thank you for the information its greatly appreciated.

Cheers David 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 9:58 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

@davidmfj1988 no worries at all mate. Happy to help where we can.

As you continue your research, feel free to shout if you have any further questions. I can't guarantee to know ll the answers but at a minimum, I should be able to point you in the right direction ?

Cheers

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2020 8:56 am
Share: