Notifications
Clear all

Bachelor & No Experience  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@opelbox)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark!

I will start Masters in Actuarial Studies in July, 2018 as a part of my endeavor for 189 in Actuary. I have 3 questions--

1. My 4 years bachelor degree with honors is in finance and not related with actuary. It was not conducted in Australia but I believe it qualifies in AQF 7 level as other people from my country are migrating with bachelor from the same university. Will I obtain 15 points for my bachelor or no point at all since it is not related with my intended MLTSSL?

2. Can I apply for 189 as soon as I complete the Masters in Actuarial Studies? At that time i will have zero years of experience and only an Australian degree related to my MLTSSL.

3. How demanded Actuaries are in the job market of Australia?

I would appreciate your helping me with my immigration efforts.

Best regards, Faisal

Posted : January 21, 2018 9:34 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Mate

1. Your degree and occupation do not have to be directly related though it helps. Both are of a finance discipline so I don't envisage any issues

2. You can apply at any time. Having experience in your occupation will help you chances however.

3. The best way to find out how in demand actuary jobs are would be to do a job search on An Australia job site to get a view on demand. https://www.seek.com.au/Actuary-jobs is a good example (currently 141 vacancies at time of typing)

Hope this helps a little

Regards

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2018 4:03 am
Share: