Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Big Decision!  

(@deanowellsini)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all, first post so go gentle 😀 

My family & I have made the decision to move to Australia (Brisbane ideally) but we’ll see... we know it’s going to take a long time due to restrictions, COVID etc... 

We both work for organisations who have entities in Australia however we do not think our profession (Talent Acquisition) is on the skills shortage list so hoping the sponsorship route is the best option. If this doesn’t work then will need to look at other avenues. 

I have also seen the need for a degree etc - is this set in stone or will experience out-weight the lack of degree?!

We have a call next week (05/01) with someone from Concept Australia who are a ‘registered migration agent’ - has anyone heard or used them before? 

Hopefully next week will have a better understanding of what visa paths we can look to take 🤙🏻

Any tips / advice would be much appreciated 🙌🏻

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi there and welcome. 😊 

Firstly where you say Talent Acquisition - Is this working in the recruitment space? Recruitment Consultant is on STSOL so will help you qualify for a number of visa options.

The skills and experience expected of a recruitment consultant is defined here. Recruitment Consultant - ANZSCO 223112

According to the definition, ou would need to needed skills and experience aligned with ANZSCO Skill Level 1.  

Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, either relevant experience or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

If you do have five years with of experience, I would explore with the agent whether this would be sufficient to meet the qualification criteria.  

I'm not familiar with the Concept Australia, however, they are MARA registered which is a very good start and a quick google didn't flag anything that might be concerning.

Finally, what industry do you work in. If you work in the 

• AgTech
  • FinTech
  • MedTech
  • Cyber Security
  • Space and Advanced Manufacturing
  • Energy and Mining Technology
  • Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT.

The global talent visa may also be an option for you (though would require your employer to sponsor you).

Hope this helps. 

Mark 

Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
(@deanowellsini)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Mark, cheers mate for the info, appreciated. 

Yes, Talent Acquisition is Recruitment and with ‘Recruitment Consultant’ being on the list I’m presuming this covers both agency recruitment and internal recruitment. 

I have 14 years (11 agency & 3 internal) experience and my wife has 9 years (internal) so maybe this would cover the fact we don’t have degrees etc. 

In terms of industry, we are both in IT (cloud, hosting, data, applications etc) so in the right industry for the Global Talent Visa however neither of us have degrees, let along masters/PHD so from what I’m reading, will rule out of this option... 

We have a whole bunch of questions for the agent next week so let’s see what he comes up with in terms of visa path. 

Enjoy your New Years! 

Dean

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Sounds good Dean. I recommend you also enquire about the Global Talent Visa with your agent next week. It offers a lot of flexibility not offered with the majority of other visa types and given you work in the industry, this could be an option for you (subject to you being able to get your company to sponsor you of course)!

All the best and have a good one! Be great to reconnect once you have had your chat with the agent 👍 

Cheers

Mark

Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Share: