Clear all

Citizenship status for newborn baby outside Australia  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
 Thuy
(@thuyphan)
New Member Registered

Good morning from Vietnam,
I am a Vietnamese girl living in Vietnam. I had an Aussie bf and he said he wanted us have a baby. But when I knew that I am pregnant, he suddenly said he doesnt want a baby. He is in Aus now and we dont talk to each other ( because I feel so painful after hearing that from him, my heart is broken so I dont want to talk with him anymore. He also doesnt contact me). However, I rethink and recognize that it is unfair for the baby if giving born without father name on birth certificate and Aus citizenship maybe better for the baby than Vietnamese. Because in the future, it is easier for the baby to see the father if the father still remember baby existence (with Vietnamese passport, it is complicated and difficult for the baby get visa to see father).
My question is any of you here know the official form of the notarised agreement between mother and father on the child's nationality by the competent authority of Aus goverment? Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you all. Have a good day.

Posted : July 14, 2017 7:43 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Thuy, unfortunately, your baby will only become an Australian citizen automatically if born in Australia.

To qualify for Australian citizenship if born overseas you would need to apply for Australian citizenship by descent (you will need the babies father to assist you here as you will need to provide evidence that he is the babies biological parent).

More details on this specific visa class here

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/application-options/descent

I hope this helps

MArk

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2017 3:48 pm
Community - migrate to australia
 Thuy
(@thuyphan)
New Member Registered

Hello Mark,

I really appreciate your help. A big thank you from us (the mommy and baby). After considering time, I think maybe it is not necessary to let the baby have the Aus passport. The father doesnt want his child now, so, in the future, nothing may change.

Wish you all the best and have a good day!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2017 6:56 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Best of luck to the two of you Thuy! I'm sorry things didn't work out better but if the father doesn't want to be involved it is his loss!

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2017 2:16 am
gamedoithuong
(@gamedoithuong)
New Member Registered

Hopefully, after all these years, you will have a beautiful baby with lots of happiness and at the same time forget the traitors in the past. Homeland is always a bunch of sweet star fruit, though always waiting for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2020 3:03 pm
Share: