Share:

Citizenship  

RSS
(@lakshmi)
New Member Registered

Hi

Is there any time frame for applying citizenship for my new born baby as we have for birth registry like 60 days.

Birth registry is done and we are planning to move home due to address constraints we are planning to file after 3 months for citizenship and passport will this be any problem. Please advice.

Me and my husband currently on Australian permanent residents.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Posted : July 12, 2017 9:21 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Dolly, were you in Australia or overseas when your baby was born? (congratulations by the way!) ;)

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2017 3:13 am
(@lakshmi)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark,

Thank you 😊

I am in Aus and my baby was born in Aus on may 17

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2017 3:18 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Dolly, I assume you already have Australian PR. As such your baby will already be an Australian Citizen by birth as such there is no citizenship to apply for.

When applying for a passport for your baby, you will need to provide evidence of your visa status and location of birth (birth certificate) however beyond that. You should be good to go.

When my own little girl was born in Australia after being in the country for less than one year. She received her Australian passport before the rest of us! :)

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2017 4:01 pm
(@ehassan42)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark,

I have a weird question for you. I am an Australian PR (class 189) who is a passport holder of my original country.We are not allowed to have dual citizenship.
we are having a baby soon in Australia and I understand that she will be automatically be Australian. however, I am planning on getting her citizenship with my original country once I get her Australian birth certificate. Is there a way that I could get her to become Australian PR instead of a citizen?

p/s: eventually we will become citizen once we feel really settled here (we really love Australia but please give us more time! xD)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2018 5:15 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Eddy, I don't think this is something you can do automatically. You will need to renounce your babies citizenship.

See here for more info.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/citi/curr/renounce/eligibility

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2018 10:39 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register