Share:

DAMA List  

RSS
(@j_costellosky-com)
New Member Registered

Hello Mark we have been trying to move out to Australia for some time, but been trying under my partner because of the age restriction, so i as surprised to see some age restrictions have been moved up.I was wondering if my qualification would fit Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitter (General)899411

I am 53 my partner is 33 and we have two children 11 and 8 i have city and guilds qualifications in vehicle maintenance service replacement level 1 basic motor electronics foundation 1 in welding and fabrication modular motorcycle maintenance intermediate level apprenticeship in Business and administration Level 2Foundation degree in arts (festival management)Bachelor of arts in Management of events to name just a few any advise would be much appreciated

Posted : 24/05/2019 4:59 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi mate and welcome.

Whether or nor your qualifications would be accepted is always a tricky one as each of the assessment centres tends to treat them differently (that and I know absolutely nothing about being a motor mechanic and the associated qualifications 😏) 

I found the following information. Not sure if this helps or not? You would need to demonstrate an equivalent level of expertise to have your skills recognised:

Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitter (General) - ANZSCO 899411

Description: Fits and replaces parts and accessories on motor vehicles.

ANZSCO Skill Level 4

Group: 8994 Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters

• removing old and damaged parts and cleaning surrounding areas on vehicles
  • fitting batteries and installing accessories such as sun roofs, stereos and alarms
  • removing damaged glass, trimming strips and rubber seals from window frames and mountings on motor vehicles, positioning new windscreens and glass windows on frames and attaching and sealing them
  • inspecting, removing and repairing muffler mountings, and fitting new mufflers, extractors and exhaust pipes
  • removing radiators from vehicles and cleaning and repairing them
  • installing new or repaired radiators into vehicles and repairing and replacing other units in the cooling system such as thermostats, head gaskets and water pumps
  • inspecting tyres to determine which repair action to implement and repairing punctures in tubes and tubeless tyres
  • operating air driven equipment to remove and refit tyres and tubes on vehicles
  • balancing wheels and tyres using static and electronic equipment
Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. 

In Australia: 

AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4) 

In New Zealand: 

NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4) 

At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

What occupation would your partner come under?

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2019 5:36 pm
(@mgwatson009)
New Member Registered

I noticed that there has been news on the Far North Queensland Dama and was wondering if anyone knows what the 71 occupations are? They may yet to be announced... I'm hoping Carpenter might be on the list.

J Costello, I wonder if you have also considered Panelbeater ANZCO 32411 your qualifications and or experience might also apply and I see that it is also on some of the DAMA list. Just a thought.

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2019 10:07 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Honorable Member Admin
Posted by: mgwatson009

I noticed that there has been news on the Far North Queensland Dama and was wondering if anyone knows what the 71 occupations are? They may yet to be announced... I'm hoping Carpenter might be on the list.

J Costello, I wonder if you have also considered Panelbeater ANZCO 32411 your qualifications and or experience might also apply and I see that it is also on some of the DAMA list. Just a thought.

Cheers.

Hi mate, did you notice this article we posted back in Feb?

https://gettingdownunder.com/117-occupations-migrants-willing-migrate-northern-territory/

Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 7:58 pm
(@j_costellosky-com)
New Member Registered

WILL LOOK IF IT GETS US OUT THEIR WILL DO ANYTHING CHEERS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 8:33 pm
Share: