Share:

[Solved] dama  

RSS
(@cknox1)
New Member Registered

hi
is age a factor in the application, i am 50 and obviously dont want to start the process if my age means i wouldnt be considered
thank you
chris knox

Posted : February 8, 2019 1:46 am
Topic Tags
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Chris,unfortunately, if you are looking to apply under one of the skilled visas (using your occupation as a basis for your application) then your current age will impact your ability to qualify I'm afraid.

Please see here for more information:

https://gettingdownunder.com/australia-skilled-visa-age-threshold-lowered/

Best wishes

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2019 12:13 am
(@pip-breen)
New Member Registered

Hi. I’m a similar age. I am a practice manager for a large law firm in uk and would not meet skilled criteria. 

My partner is NZ citizen. He’s lived in Aus since before 2010. We were introduced in 2016. Met up properly in 2017 and have been in an exclusive committed relationship ever since. Since 2018 we’ve  spent $20k on flights back and forth visiting each other, visiting family in both uk, NZ and Aus. We’ve decided to start the de facto process this year and after our two week holiday in NZ in September I will return briefly to uk then out to Aus for Christmas and a further two months.  My Uk employer is happy for me to  work remotely for two months so that we can start to find rented accommodation together and start proving our life together. I have no clue which visa to apply for. Neither of us want to get married at this stage. When I realised in  November what the process entailed for proof of de facto  I started to keep everything from our joint bank account details to money transfer receipts. Can I make a partner application in December even though we won’t have lived together long enough. 

Im also not sure which visa to apply for when I come out at Christmas time. I fear that too many visitor visas may cause an issue but that’s my only option as far as I see it. I want to make authorities aware that I’m a little more than look see decide trip  

I’d be grateful for your thoughts Mark. 

Kind regards. 

Pip

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2019 4:25 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Pip and sorry for the delay.

So your partner lives permanently in Australia correct?

Also, regarding your last question. I think you will need to be very careful here as I'm pretty sure you won't be legally allowed to work when in Austalia (even remotely for your UK employer) on a visitor/tourist visa.

It's important that you clarify this Pip so would recommend you reach out to the migration department directly. If you travel on the wrong visa it could impact your defacto submission in the future.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us

I'd very much appreciate it if you can confirm the advice you are given.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 12:00 pm
(@pip-breen)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hi Mark. 

Thank you for replying. I don’t want anything to affect our longer term application prospects. I’ll call and investigate other options with the migration service. Thankful that I mentioned it now. 

Yes, you’re correct my NZ partner is a permanent resident in Australia. 

I’ll certainly let you know how I get on re remote access. It’s  a fine line  I will be answering some calls and emailing on a daily basis which I basically do on annual leave visits now. 

KR 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2019 2:15 am
(@pip-breen)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hi Mark

Home affairs checked out the visitor visa for me this morning and found that condition 8101 does not apply to “to keeping on top of work and checking emails on line” 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2019 2:06 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: @pip-breen

@mark

Hi Mark

Home affairs checked out the visitor visa for me this morning and found that condition 8101 does not apply to “to keeping on top of work and checking emails on line” 

Thanks for getting back to us on this Pip, that's great news! I assume that also answers your question regarding the most appropriate visa type for your Christmas travels? 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2019 3:58 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register