Share:
Notifications

Defacto requirements  

RSS
(@rosst)
New Member Registered

Hi, I am wondering how the relationship is affected if my partner is currently married. As there is no divorce in the Philippines and civil annulment is very lengthy and expensive.
She is currently getting a church annulment and will apply for a civil separation.
She has two children but both born before she married the father and he didn't recognise the children during the marriage or on their birth certificates.
My question is first what are the fees and how are they calculated?
And two how will my partners marital status affect our application for a visa based on a three year defacto relationship.

Posted : June 17, 2017 5:37 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Ross,fees are dependent on Visa type. See here for the current Australian visa fees.

With regards to the question around a De facto visa while still married.

Under Australian immigration law, it is potentially possible to be in a de facto relationship with your partner and have that de facto relationship recognised for migration purposes, even if you or your partner (or both of you!) are still married to other people.

You must be able to show that the previous marriage has permanently ended and explain why a divorce hasn’t been obtained.

The Australian Migration authority sees a lot of applications from the Philippines, so I'm sure they are aware of the situation there with regards to not being able to get a divorce.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 17, 2017 11:38 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top