Share:

Family stream for 491  

RSS
(@yvandib)
Active Member Registered

I just came across this one immigration site that says for a clinical coder ANZSCO 599915, the family sponsorship stream is not applicable?

How do I find out if I am able to apply with a family sponsor for that occupation for the 491?

Thanks!

<a href=" removed link "> removed link

Posted : November 20, 2019 4:14 pm
(@yvandib)
Active Member Registered

Hi Mark,

I see the link is not visible. I guess my question is how do I know which occupations are eligible for family sponsorship on 491. I did not know that you can only apply for family sponsorship for certain occupations and in certain states?

But this info seems very hard to come by online, and would hate to spend hundreds of dollars on skills assessments and english tests only to find out that the family sponsorship stream is not even an option for me.

The family sponsorship option would have to be in QLD as that is where my sister is but if we go the state sponsored route I would consider other states.

Thanks so much for your insight!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2019 2:18 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @yvandib and sorry for the delay. Also apologies for any inconvenience with the link, this is an anti-spam measure so we restrict users abilities to post links until you have been a member with us for a little while longer.  

As you have eluded; the 491 Visa is split across a couple of different substreams:

• The Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional), which is aimed at migrants who are sponsored by an employer from a regional area of Australia.
  • Skilled Work Regional (Provisional), which targets people who are nominated by a state or territory government, or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in a regional area of Australia.

Easest(ish) way to find out if an occupation qualifies under the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (which offers the opportunity for family sponsorship) is to use the occupations lists available here.

This list presents the option to filter by Visa types. Tick the box next to "Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)" to identify occupations specific to only this type of visa.

Hope this helps

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2019 1:35 pm
(@yvandib)
Active Member Registered

@mark

Thank you! That was very helpful. It does show that my occupation does qualify for the 491 but QLD lists released today confirms that it is not on their list which means I will have to consider other states. In which case family stream will not be an option as my sister is in QLD. I have also tried NSW but their skilled program is currently still closed, and not holding high hopes for my occupation to be on their list when they re-open as it is not on their current list. 

It seems that my only option for QLD now is 482, which based on your previous replies sounds quite hard, in terms of being employed as a foreigner especially since I will still need to do a course.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2019 4:22 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @yvandib, no worries, glad to help but so sorry that the recent list changes have caused you some dramas 😣 

The lists change often so don't give up all hope as your occupation can just as easily return to a list as it can be removed.

Also, food for thought.

The Aussie immigration website states that 

Your sponsor must be:

Doing some digging, "Usually resident" could be classified as:

Usually resident

The sponsor also needs to be usually resident in a designated area. The factors considered in determined ‘usually resident’ are:

• the person’s physical presence in a designated area
  • the length of that residence
  • whether that residence has been lawful or unlawful
  • where they eat and sleep and have a settled home
  • the person’s intention to make or not make their usual home in a designated area

A sponsor who has been living and is still living in a designated area on a temporary visa but has only recently gained permanent residency may still fulfil the ‘usually resident’ requirement.

Not sure if this might offer any flexibility around some of the other States?

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2019 10:12 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register