Share:
Notifications
Clear all

help needed re: telecomms engineer  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@kel120877)
New Member Registered

Hi, we are hopefully looking to move to Australia. My husband is a Telecommunications Field Service Engineer and i have just been told by a migrating company over here that he needs to have a Degree to be able to get a job over there. I have just been on the www.visabureau.com/australia/skilled-occupation-list website and it states there is jobs for his kind of work, so am very confused. I would appreciate some feedback to know whether or not to keep searching.

Posted : June 7, 2017 4:54 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Kelly, have a look here for the skills required to be recognised in this occupation.

Ultimately, as part of the visa application process, your husband would need to have his skills assessed by Engineers Australia. If he doesn't have a degree then there may be the option to demonstrate his skills via the completion of a Competency Demonstration Report (often referred to as a CDR).

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2017 12:21 am
Community - migrate to australia
(@williamsjoao)
New Member Registered

@mark Hi Mark, I am in Argentina and I am Telecommunication Engineer , my degree is Accredited by Washington accord and Australian Engineer. Do you have a recent job vacancy in order to apply? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2020 12:28 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi there mate  ?️  Not at the moment, unfortunately. COVID has really slowed things down when it comes to sponsored jobs due to the border restrictions at the moment.

All current jobs are listed here:

https://gettingdownunder.com/jobs-in-australia/australia-sponsored-jobs/

Please follow the link in my signature for details on how to set up job alerts so we can email you when jobs start to pick up again and a telecom related role is posted.

Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2020 9:45 am
Share: