Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hi, can you please advise? :)  

(@paulina)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, so happy to find your website Mark!

We are thinking or moving down under but I'm so overwhelmed by all the different visas and options out there. I understand we need a job that are needed in Australia to make it possible to move down there.

Please bare with me to the end and any help will be greatly appreciated. 

So, I've looked and see a few options for us but would love some clarifications before I start :)

I have CertHe Open (studies with Open University) , I'm working as a Receptionist at the gym (mainly helping with marketing) but I'm also SE as a Photographer. Now, from what I've read a Photographer is on STSOL with Skill Level 2 but what does it really mean?I don't have any formal qualification in this field (as you know in the UK you don't need it to work as a Photographer) but have years of experience. 

Other option I can see for myself is Early Childhood (Pre - primary School) Teacher - I don't have qualifications yet but in position to be able to qualify in the next 2 years (+,- ) working in the setting at the same time. But worried in 2-3 years that occupation might not be required anymore and just waste my time?

Also not sure if Cache Diploma Level 3 in the Early Years Educator would be enough for Australia?Getting mixed responses from google.

I also have years of retail experience but understand this isn't in demand.

Which route should I go and are there any other options if this one fails? I should add that my partner is a Domestic Oven Cleaner and nearing 40s, we have two children. If I was to get visa under occupation list could they come with me?

Please help and thank you so much :)

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @Paulina and welcome 😊 

So sounds like you have been on the right track with your research. Photographer under ANZSCO code 211311 is on the STSOL.

The Visas options available for photographers can be viewed here on the Aussie migration website, however, to save you a click.

• 190 - Skilled Nominated (subclass 190)
  • 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) - State or Territory nominated
  • 482 - Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) - Short Term Stream
  • 407 - Training visa (subclass 407)
  • 187 - Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
  • 494 - Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) - Employer-sponsored stream
  • 491 - Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) State or Territory nominated.

These aren't the best options, to be honest, with the exception of the training visa, all of these visa options require some form of sponsorship or state nomination, The visas on the STSOL are also 'temporary visas' giving you permission to live and work in Australia for a period typically in the region of 2 - 4 years. If PR is something that is a key requirement, then I would be inclined to look at your other options. 

To close our the photographer topic. more about ANZSCO Skill level 2 can be found here. To summarise, occupations at Skill Level 2 have a level of skill corresponding with one of the following:

New Zealand Register Diploma or am Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma. This would be an issue for you though for Skill level 2, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. With that said, unless you can demonstrate that you have been doing this as a profession for three years, it may be tricky to qualify this. VETACCESS are the assessment body for this occupation, so to be sure. I would check with them directly (Contact details here).

If you have the time from an age perspective, the teaching option may be the way to go. Teaching roles have been an occupation in demand for as long as I remember though the risk always exists that this may change (we've all lived through the delights of COVID).

If you are the primary applicant and are issued a visa, your partner and children will be able to join you, subject to you either bein married to your partner or able to demonstrate that he is your defacto (which shouldn't be too difficult if you have been together for 2 years or more).

Early years (or I assume you mean early childhood - pre-primary teacher) details can be found here: Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher – ANZSCO 241111. This occupation requires a skill level 1 rating which is. Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, either relevant experience or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

AITSL are the assessment body for this occupation. Any skills assessment enquiries can be sent to their email at migration@aitsl.edu.au. I wouldn't;t like to guess if Cache Diploma Level 3 would be sufficient (my googling experience was similar to yours) so I would be inclined to validate with the assessment body to be 100% sure.

Sorry that my answer wasn't 100% helpful if you are looking to move down under permanently, however happy to answer any other questions if you have them. As a stab in the dark, I noted that googling Cache Diploma Level 3 Australia visa had this forum entry as the top result. Its an old thread however if @charlottec subscribed for notifications, she may be able to provide some further insight.

All the best

Mark 

Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
(@paulina)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@mark thank you so much for your reply.

If I was to pursue the Photography route (after checking with VETACCESS how do I go about getting sponsored for visa? Is it just a case of looking for jobs and applying for it? 

Also I've read somewhere that the temporary visas aren't that bad and usually it progresses to PR, how do you see that? And why the training Visa is the best option in your opinion?

When it comes to the Early Child Pre primary Teacher, it's not ideal as I'm 34 this year but if that would give us better chance for PR I would rather go this way. Moving to the other part of the country with two children I would like to have that peace of mind knowing we can stay.

If I check with VETACCESS or AITSL and find that the skills/qualification aren't enough - will this impact my visa process directly or is that seperate? Meaning is that info only between them and me until I submit for visa? Not sure if that makes sense :)

Thank you! 

ReplyQuote
(@paulina)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I just did some further research and I think unfortunately the NCF Cache Level 3 is only equivalent to Certificate III IN Australia :( I will post the link as it might come handy for others

removed link

In that in mind, I have another idea (probably totally crazy) but was wondering if you @Markh ave any knowledge if I could maybe complete online course via Australian provider? Could that help?

Thank you, Paulina

ReplyQuote
(@paulina)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Right, please don\'t kick me out for asking million questions 🤣 further research done and I can see that if I complete the course and work at the setting at the same time I will get Certificate III which would be good for childcare workers found in here 

https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~2013%2c+Version+1.2~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+4211+Child+Carers

But now, I'm not sure if they're on the skilled visas for the PR visa as I can only see "group leaders only". Maybe you have more information Mark?

Thank you again 😀 

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Ha, no worries @paulina

So the page I tend to use to verify occupations and available options is here (Scroll about halfway down and you'll see a search box for occupations) 😊

Doing a search on the term 'child' brings up three options, Child care centre manager, Child Care Centre Manager and Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher.

You are correct about the group leaders, this occupation only seems to fall onto the regional occupation list. Child care manager and pre-primary school teacher offer the most flexibility.

Child Care Manager:

• 189 - Skilled Independent (subclass 189) - Points-Tested
  • 485 - Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) - Graduate Work
  • 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) - Family sponsored
  • 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) - State or Territory nominated
  • 482 - Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) – Medium Term Stream
  • 494 - Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) - Employer sponsored stream
  • 491 - Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) State or Territory nominated
  • 491 - Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) Family Sponsored

Pre Primary School Teacher:

• 186 - Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
  • 189 - Skilled Independent (subclass 189) - Points-Tested
  • 485 - Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) - Graduate Work
  • 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) - Family sponsored
  • 482 - Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) – Medium Term Stream
  • 494 - Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) - Employer sponsored stream
  • 491 - Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) State or Territory nominated
  • 491 - Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) Family Sponsored

Both these rolls offer PR via one of the visa options listed above. More options?? 🤔 

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

PS. Your earlier link was auto removed by our system, (we have a moderation feature set or new posters which limits their ability to post links as we had issues with SPAM in the past). If you wouldn't mind sharing your NCF Cache Level 3 equivalency link you mentioned earlier, that would be awesome), Thanks Paulina 

ReplyQuote
Share: