Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Intro. Me(m33) and wife(33) want to move family to AUS  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@staringjim)
New Member Registered

Hello and thanks ahead of time to anyone that replies. My wife and I are hoping to move to AUS with our 3 children. I am a Swedish citizen and she is British, currently living in Florida, USA. I work as a Firefighter and have my Certified Contractors license in construction, while she is a Registered Nurse. We have found nothing but conflicting advice on how to make the move, where to look for jobs, and just general advice. We are hoping to line up 6 months of work at least, with the hopes of it becoming permanent. If anyone can point us to a great resource to get started or has any general advice re: getting either our Contractor or Nursing license transferred that would be greatly appreciated. I apologize ahead of time if this information is on here somewhere and I just haven’t seen it. 

Posted : September 16, 2020 5:19 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi there mate, I also applied to your other post 😊

With regards to sponsorship opportunities, this entry provides a good overview.

https://gettingdownunder.com/community/australian-sponsored-482-visa/i-am-a-insert-job-title-looking-for-sponsorship/#post-1541

With COVID, Nursing roles are particularly in demand at the moment so your wife's occupation may help open some doors for you. Have a read of the post I have linked and let me know if you have any further questions and we can take it from there. 👍

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 11:16 am
Share: