Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Looking to make the big move, confused on jobs!  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@shannono96)
New Member Registered

Hi guys,

I’ve had a read of a few pieces on here and I’ll be honest I’m no clearer on my situation.

We are a family (engaged) with two children (3+2). 

My work history is as a legal secretary removed link  Horse yards and  housekeeping, also bar work part time too. 

My partner is a fastener,  machine operator but has experience in turning, drilling, curbing and has worked as a service engineer at a power station for 3-4 years previous to this.  He also dabbled a bit in landscaping on his working visa. 

Migration advice so far has been to go down the sponsorship on employment route.  Now, do we need to look for what’s that specifically say sponsorship ie. your listing which by the way is fab!! 

Or, can we apply for any of the roles advertised in aus.

Again, my partners job appears to be on the skills lost however, it is a very wide range and he’s not sure if he’s included!! 

I am not sadly and wondering whether I should retrain somewhere? 

We was originally looking at the skilled sponsor visa - 482 and my partner being primary.

Now, I’m boggled and not sure! 

Hope you can shed some light! 

Thanks!!

Shannon

Posted : April 6, 2020 6:17 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Shannon and welcome, it's good to meet. ? Though a registered migration agent or the Aussie immigration website should be your first port of call, I'm happy to try and help fill the gaps for you.

Posted by: @shannono96

Migration advice so far has been to go down the sponsorship on employment route.  Now, do we need to look for what’s that specifically say sponsorship ie. your listing which by the way is fab!! 

Or, can we apply for any of the roles advertised in aus.

Unfortunately, you can only apply for jobs where the employer is specifically offering employment to overseas candidates. We use an algorithm to try and identify these jobs which are the vacancies you have found here.

The challenge for employers is they are not allowed to offer jobs for sponsorship until they have tried to source the candidate locally for at least 30 days. Those job adverts you see that are not calling out the offer of sponsorship will more than likely not be meeting these criteria.

This does not mean that you can't submit an expression of interest or cover letter the companies seeking candidate in the fields that you may be interested in, however, the success rate can be quite low, unfortunately.

Adding to this and COVID-19 has had a significant impact on the number of vacancies being offered given the hard border closures for any international candidates coming into Australia. 

Posted by: @shannono96

Again, my partners job appears to be on the skills lost however, it is a very wide range and he’s not sure if he’s included!! 

I am not sadly and wondering whether I should retrain somewhere? 

I guess that depends on what you have skills and experience in Shannon. What's your background?

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2020 5:01 pm
Share: