Clear all

[Closed] Moving from a 457 visa to a Defacto Partner visa  

RSS
Community - a4482945c57a41dd369f58a2a5f64a9b?s=110&d=mm&r=g
(@bobcratchet)
New Member Registered

Hello all,

First time user of the forum.

I wanted some advice about my current visa situation. I have been living in Australia with my partner for over a year and am currently sponsored by my employer on a 457 visa.

My conundrum is as follows:

I want to apply for a defacto partner visa as we now have met the 12 month requirement, however I have been advised that once the bridging visa is granted, I will have to remain at the same employer who is sponsoring me on my 457 visa.

One of the main reasons for me wanting PR, is that I want the freedom to change jobs when I want to.

Has anyone ever moved from a 457 to a defacto visa on here before?

Is it true that the best thing for me to do would be to quit, leave Australia, re-enter on a tourist visa and then make my application?

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

S

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:13 pm
Cath P liked
Community - migrate to australia
(@rgc123)
New Member Registered

Hi, yes you can not change your job before getting PR but you can start applying for other job because after getting PR invite and filling all the documents and fees submission you get a bridging visa which will be effective after your 457 gets expire so in any case you don't have to leave Australia. I came Australia on visitor visa as my partner was already here on 457 visa but 457 visa was took a lot time in processing then got 457 visa and now i am i PR holder. If you need any other help related to your Visa contact some permanent resident visa Advisor. it helped me a lot in all the process and its good to take some professional advice, that makes life much easier.

Posted : July 29, 2020 12:12 pm
Mark liked
Community - migrate to australia
(@cath-p)
New Member Registered
Posted by: @bobcratchet

Hello all,

First time user of the forum.

I wanted some advice about my current visa situation. I have been living in Australia with my partner for over a year and am currently sponsored by my employer on a 457 visa.

My conundrum is as follows:

I want to apply for a defacto partner visa as we now have met the 12 month requirement, however I have been advised that once the bridging visa is granted, I will have to remain at the same employer who is sponsoring me on my 457 visa.

One of the main reasons for me wanting PR, is that I want the freedom to change jobs when I want to.

Has anyone ever moved from a 457 to a defacto visa on here before?

Is it true that the best thing for me to do would be to quit, leave Australia, re-enter on a tourist visa and then make my application?

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

S

- Advertising snipped -

Please do not use our forums to advertise migration-related services -  Please contact us if you wish to explore advertising options. 

Posted : July 29, 2020 3:15 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

@rgc123 Thanks for the reply and welcome to our community 🖐️ 

The original post was a little old however hopefully your advice may assist other members.

I'll close this post down and would encourage any members to start a new topic if they have similar questions. 

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

Posted : July 29, 2020 4:10 pm
Share: