Notifications
Clear all

Options and possibilities...  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@darlenedt)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark,

I am doing an accounting and taxation degree in Perth (my previous professional qualification from the UK falls short of an Australian degree and I obtained it more than 10 years ago). I am considering migrating here but I am 41 years old and the point system for someone in the accounting line is very high from what I last noticed (90 I think?). Wondering if there may still be a possibility. Appreciate your thoughts. 

Thank you. 

Posted : July 10, 2020 6:39 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi there. ? Always a possibility though you are correct, competition for these types of roles is extremely high resulting in a large number of points being required before an invitation is issued

Assuming you are from the UK. have you considered trying to get additional points by taking an IELTS exam?

Being from the UK, this is not required, however, you can earn an extra 10 - 20 points if you score enough to be considered as having proficient or superior English. 

See this post for more info on this subject ?

https://gettingdownunder.com/ielts-score-australia/

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2020 9:27 am
Community - migrate to australia
(@darlenedt)
New Member Registered

Hey Mark! Good morning :-) Thank you for your reply. I am from Malaysia but I did a professional paper from the UK. I have sat for IELTS before and was able to obtain an 8. Hopefully this local bachelor's degree might help improve my chances. I graduate at the end of 2021. Thanks again Mark and have a good day!

Best wishes,

Darlene 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2020 9:59 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

No worries Darlene and all the best. Please keep in touch. 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2020 9:30 am
Share: