Share:

Renting or buying a house  

RSS
Khloe
(@khloe)
New Member Registered

Hi all

Any suggestions or any useful resources to help get a better idea on the costs of buying / renting a house?

Thanks all

Khloe

Posted : April 25, 2019 11:19 am
Topic Tags
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Khloe and thanks for the good question. We actually have a "buying and/or renting a house" article on our to-do list so your question is quite timely.  😀 

The main real estate website here in Australia is a website (not so creatively) called realestate.com.au.

You can view literally thousands of properties for rent or sale on this website and I'd consider this site the primary go to for people looking to rent or by a new home.

Also, don't forget websites focusing on holiday rentals such as airbnb.com.au 

These websites are particularly useful if you are considering renting a short term property while doing a recce or for when you first arrive in Australia and hadn't had the opportunity to secure a rental before you arrive.

An important point to note, be cognizant of when you arrive. We landed in Australia at the end of November and struggled to find a property to rent due to Christmas (and the crazy rental market at the time). You can read more about the 'fun' we had here: 

Trying to find a property to rent in Perth 

Hope this helps and good luck. Please feel free to post back if you have any further questions.

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2019 5:29 pm
Khloe liked
Khloe
(@khloe)
New Member Registered

Awesome, thank you so much Mark. Looks like I'm going to be busy lol 😀 

Appreciate the links. I'll take a good look.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2019 8:42 pm
Mark liked
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Happy to help Khloe!

Cheers

Mark 👍

Community Manager
Getting Down Under