Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Seeking advice on getting down under  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@stephen-and-robyn)
New Member Registered

Hi, there my name is stephen and me and my wife are looking in the next 3 to 5 years getting to Australia! I have currently finished my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. Would this qualification and experience be enough or do I need a level 3? As I have seen mixed answers about this? Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Posted : September 20, 2020 6:26 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Stephen and welcome to GDU mate! 😊 

A few links for you to help address your enqury (red text are links)

ANZSCO description for the occupation of a plumber - This is used as a basis for the type of experience you will need to be able to demonstrate to have your occupation/experience recognised.

The ANZSCO description identified that you will need to be qualified to ANZSCO skill level 3  For ANZSCO Skill level 3 you need: 

ANZSCO SKILL LEVEL 3

Occupations at Skill Level 3 have a level of skill corresponding with one of the following:

• NZ Register Level 4 qualification
  • AQF Certificate IV or
  • AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training.

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above.

In some instances, either relevant experience or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

An AQF 3, also known as Certificate III, is the Australian equivalent of the UK’s NVQ City & Guilds Level 3. In Australia, the AQF III is given after completion of the apprenticeship. An AQF IIII is required for the purpose of migration if you do not hold the UK or Irish qualification or have insufficient experience. 

Hopefully, this helps, if not let me know. 👍

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 8:42 am
Share: