Share:

Should I inform I need a visa on CV?  

RSS
(@ayumi_s)
New Member Registered

Hi :)

I have been in tourism/hospitality industry for a while and was advised that hotel receptionist is on NT DAMA occupation list!

Though I am eligible to be sponsored as per an immigration lawyer I spoke to, unfortunately my employer does not sponsor people except chefs.
I am now trying to find a hotel to sponsor me before my working holiday visa expires, but should I say I need a visa on cover letter? That would be great if the ad clearly says they are able to sponsor, but I find it a rare case.  

Posted : December 4, 2019 3:14 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Amy, and welcome mate! 👍

Bit of a tricky dilemma. My personal view is that asking for sponsorship by including a note as part of your cover letter is quite a big ask of the employer. For these type of roles, it may be a question to raise as part of a face-to-face discussion.

This way you at least get the opportunity to sell your case while letting the employer get to know you a little better. 

Please also keep in mind that employers need to legally advertise a role for 30 days before they can sponsor so there options may be limited in the early stages to! 

I highly recommend setting up a job alert using the broad search term 'hotel' so we can alert you if any jobs advertised with sponsorship are posted.

More details on how to do this here. 

https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available/

Hope this helps

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2019 9:53 pm
(@ayumi_s)
New Member Registered

@mark

Sorry for late reply, but thank you for your advise.

Hopefully I can explain my situation well during the interview while showing I can contribute to the company I apply for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2019 2:05 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

No worries Amy (@ayumi_s

Good luck with your search. Please keep in touch! 👍

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under