Share:

Vetassess or Engineers Australia - civil engineering  

RSS
(@michal-okonski)
New Member Registered

Hi Guys,

I am on my preparation for the Visa 189 application. I was thinking if there is any difference in my application depends where I do my skills assessment? I have approximately 9 years of professional experience and about 5 years in design related subjects. Different positions, but always I was engaged in drafting. Engineers Australia require unfortunately from me (Polish citizenship and education) complicated CDR, Vetassess assessment process is much simpler. I believe in both I will be able to prove more or less 5-6 years of experience related to the field of my application. What I don't know and so far no one was able to answer me is that, if there is any particular difference in my application if I will do it either Engineers Australia or Vetassess? Both are on the skilled occupation list.

Thank you in advance! 

Posted : April 28, 2019 12:39 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Michal and welcome.

Short answer is, not really 😊.

The role of the assessment centres is to confirm that you have the skills and experience necessary to qualify as the occupation you have nominated as part of your visa application. 

All the Austrlian government is concerned with is that at least one of their nominated 'experts' has confirmed that you have the skills that you say you do.

As you have noticed, each assessing body goes about this in different way so I would encourage you to travel the path of least resistance to get the confirmation you need as part of your visa application.

Hope this helps

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2019 9:56 am
Share: