Share:
Notifications

WHV Advice  

RSS
(@clodaghs)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark!

My boyfriend and I came across your website and thought we'd send a few (very basic) questions your way.

So we have been considering making the move to Aus from Ireland later this year on a working holiday visa. We are both in our mid-twenties and have professional experience in the marketing, science and customer service sectors. 

Would you recommend trying to pin down jobs before we get there or would we be better off waiting until we arrive and start looking then? We are hoping to settle in Melbourne.

We have also been looking into the process of the obligated regional work and would really appreciate any useful resources/links you might have in relation to well-established regional jobs around the state of Victoria.

Thank you!!

Posted : February 9, 2020 1:50 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi there @ClodaghS sorry for the delay (day job! 😫) and welcome 😊

Posted by: @clodaghs

Would you recommend trying to pin down jobs before we get there or would we be better off waiting until we arrive and start looking then? We are hoping to settle in Melbourne.

i would do both.

We have our current Australia working holiday job listings here, I would suggest however that most working holiday visa opportunities are targetted at folks who can come on board pretty quickly so (from a local competition perspective) you may have a better chance within Australia vs applying from overseas.

Posted by: @clodaghs

We have also been looking into the process of the obligated regional work and would really appreciate any useful resources/links you might have in relation to well-established regional jobs around the state of Victoria.

Hmmm, other than the term 'regional' as a job alert for Working Holiday Ops, I'm unsure.

I do know there are a heap of Facebook pages acting as 'resources', however, be cautious as some are better than others.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2020 8:55 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top