Pours, spreads, smoothes and finishes concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, ramps, footpaths and bridges.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Concrete Worker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8212 Concreters
pour, spread, smooth and finish concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, ramps, footpaths and bridges.
- erecting concrete form work and laying steel reinforcing
- pouring, spreading and levelling concrete using screeds and templates
- tamping, smoothing, shaping and sealing concrete
- operating trowelling machines to float, trowel and polish concrete surfaces
- forming expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straight edges
- installing fixtures in concrete such as anchor bolts, steel plates and door sills
- wetting concrete and rubbing with abrasives to finish vertical surfaces
- covering concrete with plastic sheeting and sand to cure it
- cutting lines in concrete using power cutters
- may cover freshly poured concrete with colouring powders and other materials
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 821211 Concreter
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Concreter – ANZSCO 821211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!