Organises and coordinates services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Event Manager
- Event Planner
- Exhibition Organiser
- Wedding Coordinator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS – The position is in a business that has an annual turnover of less than AUD1,000,000.
Group: 1493 Conference and Event Organisers
organise and coordinate services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
- promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- organising registration of participants
- negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 149311 Conference and Event Organiser
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Conference and Event Organiser – ANZSCO 149311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!