Assembles and installs rigging gear, such as cables, ropes, pulleys and winches, to lift, lower, move and position equipment, structural steel and other heavy objects. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8217 Structural Steel Construction Workers
assemble rigging gear to move and position equipment and structural components, erect scaffolding, position and secure steel reinforcing in concrete forms, and erect and dismantle structural steel frames.
- erecting lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures, and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- attaching slinging gear to hoisting equipment and objects to be moved using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- fitting and bolting tubes, support braces and components to form bases and build up scaffolding
- lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding
- measuring, cutting, bending and fitting welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
- fixing mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- setting up winches and rigging equipment to raise and position girders, plates, columns and other steel units
- erecting guard rails, guy wires, ropes and clears, laying planks and hanging safety nets
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 821711 Construction Rigger
- 821712 Scaffolder
- 821713 Steel Fixer
- 821714 Structural Steel Erector
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Construction Rigger – ANZSCO 821711?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!