Designs and composes written material to advertise products and services.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2534-19 Copywriter
Group: 2124 Journalists and Other Writers
research and compile news ARTICLES, write and edit news reports, commentaries and feature ARTICLES for presentation in print and electronic media, and compose written material to advertise goods and services.
- determining advertising approach by consulting clients and management, and studying products to establish principal selling features
- writing advertisements for press, radio, television, cinema screens, billboards, catalogues and shop displays
- making decisions about the specific content of publications in conjunction with other senior editors and in accordance with editorial policies and guidelines
- reviewing copy for publication to ensure conformity with accepted rules of grammar, style and format, coherence of story, and accuracy, legality and probity of content
- collecting and analysing facts about newsworthy events from interviews, printed matter, investigations and observations
- writing news reports, commentaries, articles and feature ARTICLES for newspapers, magazines, journals, television and radio on topics of public interest
- researching and writing technical, information-based material and documentation for manuals, text books, handbooks and multimedia products
- critically discussing daily news topics in the editorial columns of newspapers and reviewing books, films and plays
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 212411 Copywriter
- 212412 Newspaper or Periodical Editor
- 212413 Print Journalist
- 212414 Radio Journalist
- 212415 Technical Writer
- 212416 Television Journalist
- 212499 Journalists and Other Writers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Copywriter – ANZSCO 212411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!