Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of a commercial, industrial, governmental or other organisation through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Chief Operating Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – (a) the position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD180,001; and
(b) if the person is to be transferred to fill the position–the transfer is not an intra corporate transfer to which an international trade obligation applies.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1112-11 General Manager
Group: 1112 General Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and review the day-to-day operations and major functions of commercial, industrial, government and defence organisations through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
- planning policy, and setting standards and objectives for organisations
- providing day-to-day direction and management of organisations, and directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieve specific goals, and maximise profit and efficiency
- assessing changing situations and responding accordingly by issuing commands and directives to subordinate staff
- consulting with immediate subordinates and departmental heads on matters such as methods of operation, equipment requirements, finance, sales and human resources
- authorising the funding of major policy implementation programs
- representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts, and presenting them to governing bodies
- selecting and managing the performance of senior staff
- may undertake responsibility for some or all of accounting, sales, marketing, human resources and other specialist operations
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 111211 Corporate General Manager
- 111212 Defence Force Senior Officer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Corporate General Manager – ANZSCO 111211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!