Calculates and investigates the cost of wages, materials, overheads and other operating expenses.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5511 Accounting Clerks
monitor creditor and debtor accounts, undertake related routine documentation, and calculate and investigate the cost of wages, materials, overheads and other operating costs.
- preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and receivable
- reconciling invoices and despatching payments
- calculating, analysing and investigating the costs of proposed expenditure, wages and standard costs
- preparing bank reconciliations
- allocating expenditure to specified budget accounts
- summarising expenditure and receipts
- preparing records of standard costs and values for items such as raw materials and packaging supplies
- recording cost variations and contract price movements
- compiling cost data for preparation of operating budgets, and profit and loss calculations
- investigating the costs of proposed expenditures, quotations and estimates
- preparing reports of total costs, inventory adjustments, selling prices and profits
- may work in a call centre
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 551111 Accounts Clerk
- 551112 Cost Clerk
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Cost Clerk – ANZSCO 551112?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!