Operates stationary and mobile cranes, hoists, lifts and winches to lift, move and place materials, equipment and people in areas such as building sites, factories, mines, sawmills, wharves and shipyards. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Chairlift Operator
- Cherry Picker Operator
- Elevated Work Platform Operator
- Pile Driver
- Portainer Operator
- Tower Crane Operator
- Winch Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7121 Crane, Hoist and Lift Operators
operate stationary and mobile cranes, hoists, lifts and winches to lift, move and place materials, equipment and people in areas such as building sites, factories, mines, sawmills, wharves and shipyards.
- testing the operation of plant before use to ensure safety
- operating controls to rotate cranes, move cranes on fixed rails, raise and lower jibs and booms, and raise, lower and move hooks and objects
- working in conjunction with Construction Riggers and Crane Chasers to position hooks and raise, move and place loads
- controlling the movement of loads, and monitoring speed, acceleration and braking distances directly and by signalling to other operators
- monitoring plant operation, instruments and gauges to detect malfunctions and problems
- lubricating ropes and winches on cranes and replacing worn cables
- may operate cranes fitted with attachments for purposes such as demolition and pile driving
- may operate overhead cranes using hand controls suspended by cables from cranes
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 712111 Crane, Hoist or Lift Operator
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Crane, Hoist or Lift Operator – ANZSCO 712111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!