Analyses, evaluates and processes credit and loan applications. May work in a call centre.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Lending Consultant
- Loans Consultant
- Loans Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5522 Credit and Loans Officers (AUS) or Finance Clerks (NZ)
- analysing information about customers and examining references, credit ratings, investment risks, pay slips and other information against predetermined policy standards
- contacting financial and credit institutions to obtain information about customers
- preparing papers setting out conditions of credit and loans, rates of repayment and loan periods, and providing information about customers’ standing to financial and credit institutions
- authorising the approval of credit and loan applications and recommending credit and loan conditions and limits
- keeping records of payments, and preparing routine letters requesting payment for overdue accounts and forwarding these for legal action
- answering inquiries concerning credit standing of customers, loan balances and penalties
- may recommend, approve and arrange mortgages
- may work in a call centre
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 552211 Credit or Loans Officer (Aus) / Finance Clerk (NZ)
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Credit or Loans Officer (Aus) / Finance Clerk (NZ) – ANZSCO 552211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!