Operates a keyboard to input and transfer data into a computer for storage, processing and transmission.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Data Processing Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5321 Keyboard Operators
input and process text and data, and prepare, edit and generate documents for storage, processing, publication and transmission.
- entering data and codes required to process information
- retrieving, confirming and updating data in storage and keeping records of data input
- taking verbatim records of proceedings in rapid shorthand using computerised equipment and shorthand-writing machines
- transcribing information recorded in shorthand and on sound recording equipment, and proofreading and correcting copy
- reading portions of transcripts during trials and other proceedings on request of Judges and other officials
- reproducing the spoken word, environmental sounds and song lyrics as captions for television programming, and the deaf and hearing impaired
- preparing reports, letters and similar material for publication and electronic transmission
- sorting outgoing material and preparing documents for transmission
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 532111 Data Entry Operator
- 532112 Machine Shorthand Reporter
- 532113 Word Processing Operator
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Data Entry Operator – ANZSCO 532111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!