Provides specialised military services to the Australian or New Zealand Defence Forces.
This occupation includes the following ranks:
Air Force: Aircraftman/Aircraftwoman, Corporal, Leading Aircraftman/Aircraftwoman
Army: Corporal, Lance Corporal, Private
Navy: Able Seaman, Leading Seaman, Seaman
This occupation excludes Defence Force Members – Other Ranks performing duties for which there is a civilian equivalent. These members are included with the closest civilian occupation. For example, Mechanic Recovery is included in Unit Group 7331 Truck Drivers, in Occupation 733115 Tow Truck Driver.
- Skill Level
- Aircraft Life Support Fitter (Air Force)
- Airfield Defence Guard (Air Force)
- Air Surveillance Operator (Air Force)
- Geospatial Imagery Intelligence Analyst (Air Force)
- Security Police (Air Force)
- Signal Operator Linguist (Air Force)
- Signal Operator Technical (Air Force)
- Aircraft Life Support Fitter ( Army)
- Air Dispatcher (Army)
- Combat Engineer (Army)
- Commando (Army)
- Crewman Armoured Personnel Carrier M113 (Army)
- Crewman Australian Light Armoured Vehicle (ASLAV) (Army)
- Crewman Main Battle Tank (Army)
- Ground Crewman Mission Support (Army)
- Gun Number (Army)
- Marine Specialist (Army)
- Operator Artillery Meteorology and Surveyor (Army)
- Operator Electronic Warfare (Army)
- Operator Ground Based Air Defence (Army)
- Operator Weapon Locating Radar (Army)
- Rifleman (Army)
- Acoustic Warfare Analyst (Navy)
- Aircrewman (Navy)
- Boatswains Mate (Navy)
- Combat Systems Operator (Navy)
- Combat Systems Operator Mine Warfare (Navy)
- Electronic Warfare – Linguist (Navy)
- Electronic Warfare – Technical (Navy)
- Naval Police Coxswain (Navy)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4411 Defence Force Members – Other Ranks
provide specialised military services to the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces.
- guarding airfields and other defence force bases
- serving as an infantry soldier
- erecting bridges, building field defences, constructing temporary roads, clearing minefields, repairing airfields and demolishing targets using explosives
- crewing armoured fighting vehicles
- operating artillery, ground and surface-based defence systems, shipboard weapons and other advanced specialist military weapons and equipment
- providing firepower and ground-based air defence
- establishing and maintaining command, control and communications equipment and facilities
- conducting surveillance, reconnaissance and boarding operations
- maintaining personal arms and ammunition
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 441111 Defence Force Member – Other Ranks
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Defence Force Member – Other Ranks – ANZSCO 441111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!