Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of organisational units of the Australian or New Zealand Defence Forces through subordinate officers.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Air Force Senior Officer
- Army Senior Officer
- Navy Senior Officer
- Air Chief Marshal (Air Force)
- Air Commodore (Air Force)
- Air Marshal (Air Force)
- Air Vice Marshal (Air Force)
- Group Captain (Air Force)
- Wing Commander (Air Force)
- Brigadier (Army)
- Colonel (Army)
- General (Army)
- Lieutenant Colonel (Army)
- Lieutenant General (Army)
- Major General (Army)
- Admiral (Navy)
- Captain (Navy)
- Commander (Navy)
- Commodore (Navy)
- Rear Admiral (Navy)
- Vice Admiral (Navy)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 1112 General Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and review the day-to-day operations and major functions of commercial, industrial, government and defence organisations through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
- planning policy, and setting standards and objectives for organisations
- providing day-to-day direction and management of organisations, and directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieve specific goals, and maximise profit and efficiency
- assessing changing situations and responding accordingly by issuing commands and directives to subordinate staff
- consulting with immediate subordinates and departmental heads on matters such as methods of operation, equipment requirements, finance, sales and human resources
- authorising the funding of major policy implementation programs
- representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts, and presenting them to governing bodies
- selecting and managing the performance of senior staff
- may undertake responsibility for some or all of accounting, sales, marketing, human resources and other specialist operations
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 111211 Corporate General Manager
- 111212 Defence Force Senior Officer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Defence Force Senior Officer – ANZSCO 111212?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!