When it comes to moving to Australia, one of the most confusing aspects is the vast myriad of visa options you can choose as a basis for your Australia Visa application. One of these visa options is the Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124) and to assist our visitors we have provided a high-level summary of this visa class below.
Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124) Overview
The Distinguished Talent Visa (Migrant) (Class AL) (Subclass 124) is a permanent resident visa for persons who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional achievement in an eligible area.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application, but you must be offshore when the visa is granted.
- This visa allows you to work, study, and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement on a profession, sport, arts or academia and research.
- You must still be prominent in the area.
- You would be an asset to the Australia community.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you would have no difficulty in obtaining employment in Australia within your area of talent.
- You must be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation who has a national reputation concerning the area of talent.
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Functional English’ otherwise you will need to pay an extra charge, called the second instalment.
- If you have held or you are the holder of a Skilled Regional (provisional) visa, you must have held that visa for at least 3 years.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
- You would need to be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community if you have not turned 18 or if you are 55 or older.
- Persons who have provided specialised assistance to the Australian Government in matters of security may also be eligible to apply for this visa.
Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124) – Is this Visa type for you?
If you are considering applying for a Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124) we would love to hear from you. Tell us about your journey in our comments below. If you have any questions we encourage you to post these in our forums. You can access our community forums by Clicking Here.
Please note this is only a high level summary of the Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124) visa
The above is not an exhaustive list of requirements for the Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124). This content on this page is provided for Getting Down Under visitors as general information purposes only, it is not immigration advice and must not be construed as such. While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law. Please view our Disclaimer for more information. Post Last Updated: 2020-10-12 10:56:03