Plans, designs, coordinates and implements recreation and leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance the psychological, spiritual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Recreational Therapist
- Activities Coordinator
- Activities Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4113 Diversional Therapists
plan, design, coordinate and implement recreation and leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance the psychological, spiritual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals.
- planning and implementing leisure activity programs for individuals in health care and in the community to assist in their social development, and promote their sense of wellbeing
- identifying individual needs through task analysis
- evaluating and assessing clients’ levels of abilities, interests, needs, strengths and weaknesses, and their ability to carry out a range of tasks and interact with others
- maintaining a knowledge of resources available within a facility and within the community
- organising leisure and recreational events
- assisting with training and supervising volunteers and staff
- providing information on available support resources within the local community
- encouraging and supporting clients to take part in activities suited to their particular needs and interests
- adapting programs to suit individual clients’ needs, interests, skills and abilities
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 411311 Diversional Therapist
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Diversional Therapist – ANZSCO 411311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!