Cleans, cooks and performs other housekeeping tasks in private residences.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8114 Housekeepers
perform cleaning and housekeeping duties in hotels, motels and other commercial premises, and in private residences.
- cleaning the interior of buildings and the immediate outside areas
- sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, and cleaning curtains and upholstered furniture
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- picking up rubbish, emptying garbage containers, and taking contents to waste areas for removal
- restocking minibars and replenishing items such as drinking glasses, writing equipment, linen and groceries
- stripping and making beds, and changing bed linen
- maintaining kitchens, washing dishes and cooking utensils, and cleaning appliances, cupboards, counters, pantries and floors
- picking up, sorting, washing, drying, ironing and mending linen and clothes
- preparing and cooking meals, setting and clearing tables, and serving food and beverages
- taking care of household pets and plants, receiving visitors, answering telephones, delivering messages, and shopping for groceries
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 811411 Commercial Housekeeper
- 811412 Domestic Housekeeper
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Domestic Housekeeper – ANZSCO 811412?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!