Instructs individuals and groups in the theory and application of driving motor vehicles. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Motorcycle Riding Instructor
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 4512 Driving Instructors
instruct individuals and groups in the theory and application of driving motor vehicles.
- instructing students under actual driving conditions, and explaining and demonstrating the operation of brakes, clutch, gear selection, automatic transmission, signals and lights
- teaching road traffic regulations
- teaching road craft and road safety
- advising students when they are ready to undergo driving examination
- may advise on and teach advanced driving techniques required for emergency situations
- may illustrate and explain handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and driving techniques using blackboard diagrams and audiovisual aids
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 451211 Driving Instructor
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Driving Instructor – ANZSCO 451211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!