Performs routine tasks in excavating earth, clearing and levelling sites, and digging irrigation channels.
- Skill Level
- Grave Digger
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8211 Building and Plumbing Labourers
perform a variety of routine tasks associated with erecting and repairing structures and facilities, maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems, excavating earth and clearing and levelling sites, and installing and maintaining piping systems, fixtures and water regulators.
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- using ladders, swinging scaffolds, bosun’s chairs, hydraulic bucket trucks and other equipment to reach and demolish multi-storey structures
- cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 821111 Builder’s Labourer
- 821112 Drainage, Sewerage and Stormwater Labourer
- 821113 Earthmoving Labourer
- 821114 Plumber’s Assistant
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Earthmoving Labourer – ANZSCO 821113?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!