Conducts tests of electronic systems, collects and analyses data, and assembles circuitry in support of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Aircraft Electronics Technical Officer
- Communications Engineering Technical Officer
- Communications Engineering Technician
- Digital Controls Technical Officer
- Flight Surveyor
- Printed Circuit Board Designer
- Process Control Technician
- Telemetry Technician
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3124-13 Electronic Engineering Technician
Group: 3124 Electronic Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
assist in electronic engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams for electronic engineering work
- developing, constructing and testing electronic equipment and associated circuitry in accordance with technical manuals and instructions of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- performing tests, graphing results, preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating material costs and quantities
- evaluating performance of equipment
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications, drawings, contracts and regulations
- installing, testing, repairing and modifying electronic equipment
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312411 Electronic Engineering Draftsperson
- 312412 Electronic Engineering Technician
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Electronic Engineering Technician – ANZSCO 312412?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!