Designs, develops, adapts, installs, tests and maintains electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer systems, communication systems, entertainment, transport and other industrial applications. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Communications Engineer (Army)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Engineers Australia
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2125-13 Electronics Engineer
Group: 2334 Electronics Engineers
design, develop, adapt, install, test and maintain electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer systems, communication systems, entertainment, transport and other industrial applications.
- designing electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer, communication and control systems, and other industrial applications
- designing software, especially embedded software, to be used within such systems
- developing apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
- supervising installation and commissioning of computer, communication and control systems, and ensuring proper control and protection methods
- establishing and monitoring performance and safety standards and procedures for operation, modification, maintenance and repair of such systems
- designing communications bearers based on wired, optical fibre and wireless communication media
- analysing communications traffic and level of service, and determining the type of installation, location, layout and transmission medium for communication systems
- designing and developing signal processing algorithms and implementing these through appropriate choice of hardware and software
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 233411 Electronics Engineer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Electronics Engineer – ANZSCO 233411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!