Performs a range of production process tasks to refine and treat metals and mineral ore, fire ceramics, and operate plant to produce and finish metal products such as rods, tubing and structural shapes, and moulds for casting. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Alumina Refinery Operator
- Arc Welder
- Brake Press Operator
- Computer Numeric Control Machine Operator
- Foundry Operator
- Furnace Operator (Metals)
- Kiln Operator (Metals)
- Metal Rolling Mill Operator
- Sheetmetal Worker (Second Class)
- Tool Setter
- Turret Punch Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7123 Engineering Production Workers
perform a range of production process tasks to refine and treat metals and mineral ore, fire ceramics, and operate plant to produce and finish metal products such as rods, tubing and structural shapes, and moulds for casting.
- interpreting engineering production drawings
- setting up, operating and adjusting production plant to shape metal stock and castings and cut sheet metal
- operating welding and electroplating plant
- operating furnaces and quenching plant to smelt and change the structure of metals
- using kilns and ovens to fire ceramics
- processing mineral ore and operating metal rolling plant
- casting molten metal and operating plant to draw metal wire through dies
- operating computer-controlled production plant
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 712311 Engineering Production Worker
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Engineering Production Worker – ANZSCO 712311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!