Inscribes letters, figures and designs on metal, glass, wood, rubber, plastic and other surfaces.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4115-21 Engraver
Group: 3233 Precision Metal Trades Workers
fabricate, assemble, maintain and repair metal precision instruments.
- assembling parts and subassemblies of precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms
- dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms, repairing and replacing defective parts, and reassembling articles using hand and power tools and specially designed machines
- inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies and other ornamental items
- installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures, and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- making blades for circular, band and other power saws and repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand and power saws
- testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 323311 Engraver
- 323312 Gunsmith
- 323313 Locksmith
- 323314 Precision Instrument Maker and Repairer
- 323315 Saw Doctor
- 323316 Watch and Clock Maker and Repairer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Engraver – ANZSCO 323311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!