Analyses and advises on policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government or commercial environmental operations and programs.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Environmental Adviser
- Environmental Auditor
- Environmental Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2114-79 Environmental and Agricultural Science Professionals nec
Group: 2343 Environmental Scientists
study, develop, implement and advise on policies and plans for managing and protecting the environment, flora, fauna and other natural resources.
- evaluating habitat, wildlife and fisheries needs, and formulating short- and long-term management goals and objectives
- enforcing laws and regulations to conserve and protect fish and wildlife
- carrying out environmental impact assessments for a wide range of development projects
- proposing solutions to address negative environmental impact
- studying the effects of factors, such as terrain, altitude, climatic and environmental change, sources of nutrition, predators and the impacts of humans, on animal and plant life
- studying and analysing pollution, atmospheric conditions, demographic characteristics, ecology, mineral, soil and water samples
- developing conservation and management policies for biological resources, such as fish populations and forests, and establishing standards and developing approaches for the control of pollution and the rehabilitation of areas disturbed by activities such as mining, timber felling and overgrazing
- implementing policies and organising activities in designated parks and other areas to conserve and protect natural and cultural heritage
- participating in management planning by providing environmental information and making inventories of plants, animals and items of cultural and heritage significance
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 234311 Conservation Officer
- 234312 Environmental Consultant
- 234313 Environmental Research Scientist
- 234314 Park Ranger
- 234399 Environmental Scientists nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Environmental Consultant – ANZSCO 234312?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!