Plans, designs and develops clothing, accessories, footwear or other items of personal apparel considering the form and construction of clothing, historical styles and contexts, contemporary and cultural trends, colour, fabric, and decoration, and the techniques and processes available for manufacture.
- Skill Level
- Costume Designer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2533-11 Fashion Designer
Group: 2323 Fashion, Industrial and Jewellery Designers
plan, design, develop and document products for manufacture and prepare designs and specifications of products for mass, batch and one-off production.
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking product research and analysing functional, commercial, cultural and aesthetic requirements
- formulating design concepts for clothing, textiles, industrial, commercial and consumer products, and jewellery
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples and models to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, and sales and manufacturing staff
- selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and finishes for manufacture
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- preparing and commissioning prototypes and samples
- supervising the preparation of patterns, programs and tooling, and the manufacture process
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 232311 Fashion Designer
- 232312 Industrial Designer
- 232313 Jewellery Designer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Fashion Designer – ANZSCO 232311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!