Directs, instructs and guides individuals or groups in the pursuit of physical fitness and wellbeing.
- Skill Level
- Aerobics Instructor
- Gym Instructor
- Physical Fitness Trainer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 4521 Fitness Instructors
direct, instruct and guide individuals and groups in the pursuit of physical fitness and wellbeing.
- consulting with various Health Professionals to develop and design fitness programs
- designing individual fitness programs based on assessment of the client’s age, level of fitness, goals and abilities
- delivering group exercise classes and personal tuition in a variety of fitness activities in a safe and creative manner
- demonstrating and teaching body movements and skills used in fitness routines
- setting up and monitoring fitness equipment and ensuring that equipment is safe, clean and in working condition
- teaching and advising on the use of fitness equipment
- ensuring clients are aware of and adhere to safety and injury prevention procedures
- reporting accidents and preparing accident reports
- maintaining a working knowledge of current health and safety standards and ensuring working practices and procedures conform to current legislation
- maintaining current first aid certificates
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 452111 Fitness Instructor
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Fitness Instructor – ANZSCO 452111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!