Measures, cuts, installs and repairs soft and resilient floor coverings. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Carpet Layer
- Parquetry Layer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4423-01 Supervisor, Floor Finishers
- 4423-11 Floor Finisher
Group: 3321 Floor Finishers
measure, cut, install and repair soft and resilient floor coverings.
- measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required
- preparing surfaces for covering and removing baseboard trims
- measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials
- laying coverings, such as carpets, linoleum, parquetry blocks, cork tiles and other resilient flooring materials, over floors, matching patterns, cutting shapes around fixtures and trimming edges
- securing floor coverings and fitting edge trims in doorways
- sanding, staining and applying finishing coatings to timber floors
- may install wall, ceiling, counter and bench coverings
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 332111 Floor Finisher
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Floor Finisher – ANZSCO 332111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!