This occupation group covers Food Trades Assistants not elsewhere classified.
- Skill Level
- Butcher’s Assistant
- Chef’s Assistant
- Cook’s Assistant
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8512 Food Trades Assistants
assist Food Trades Workers by performing routine food preparation, cleaning and storage tasks.
- gathering food ingredients in preparation for cooking and serving
- gathering pots and pans in preparation for cooking food ingredients
- weighing and measuring ingredients
- washing, peeling, cutting, slicing and dicing ingredients for cooking and serving
- cutting and grinding meat, poultry and seafood in preparation for cooking
- removing cooked food from ovens and food warmers
- washing work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware
- storing food supplies, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware in refrigerators, cupboards, pantries and other storage areas
- informing Foods Trade Workers when food supplies are low
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 851211 Pastrycook’s Assistant
- 851299 Food Trades Assistants nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Food Trades Assistants nec – ANZSCO 851299?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!