Can I add my partner to the visa later?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Claire
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I was wondering if you could me some advice, as I cannot seem to find the answer.

My occupation is currently on the flagged occupations list. I am in the process of sending off my skills to be assessed so I can submit an expression of interest before June 2017.

I read that partners need a skills assessment on their nominated occupation at time of my application? Also does the partner have to have their occupation on the SOL list? Due to the time constraint to get mine in before June, I was wondering if there was anyway to add him at a later time or should I put him on the visa from the start. My boyfriend is happy to join me when I am in Australia

Any information would be warmly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Claire

Which visa class are you applying under as the requirements are sometimes different for different visa classes?

Are you looking to include his occupation to qualify for the extra points? If so the following may be of interest:

https://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2013/03/06/points-for-your-partners-skills

Regards

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.