Pending State Sponsorship

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Jacqueline
    Participant

Hi
    I have already received an invitation and have applied for state sponsorship to obtain the 190 visa, but haven’t still received a positive outcome, its’ been 9 weeks since I applied. I would like to know if the recently published SOL and CSOL for 2016-2017 will affect my application, or will this new list be applicable only for candidates who apply for Sponsorship after 1st July 2016.

Thank you
    Jacqueline

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueline and welcome :)

As long as you received confirmation that your submission was successful then you should be fine.

The new SOL comes into effect from 1st July and will not impact any confirmed applications made prior.

All the best

Mark

Jacqueline
    Participant

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your reply :). Yes, I actually received an invitation and submitted my application within the 14 days. They acknowledged receipt of my application as well as the payment. I am still waiting to receive word from them as to whether I am eligible or not for state sponsorship – fingers crossed.

Cheers
    Jacqueline

Mark
    Keymaster

Good to hear Jacqueline. Its not a short process I’m afraid however I can guarantee that the work and effort is worth it! :D

All the best

Mark

Jacqueline
    Participant

Good day to you…Mark,

Could you kindly give me your opinion on the following,

My initial submission date of the State Sponsorship application was 4th March 2016, however, on the 14th of March they requested me to do a few changes in my application/EOI. The changes were done on the 14th March 2016 but I never received an acknowledgement for these changes, is it normal not to receive such acknowledgements? and also what would now be my submission date? would it still be the 4th March or the 14th March? I understand that they take approximately 12 weeks to process an application, therefore, what date should I consider when calculating the 12 weeks? Do they normally take all 12 weeks to send out a response?

Is it also possible that they may hold on to an application until the next program year and request the candidate to reapply based on the new rules?

Thank you very much :)
    Regards
    Jacqueline

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueline, your submission date will remain the original date you submitted your application. This shouldn’t change if the department requests additional information from you.

With regards to holding applications until the next program year. It’s not something that I think they would do. At the end of the day there is always a lot of interest in moving to Australia so all they would be doing by holding applicants back would be making next year a busier year than the one prior.

All the best

Mark

Jacqueline
    Participant

Thank you Mark :)

Those were a few doubts I wanted cleared.

Have a great day..!!

Cheers’
    Jacqueline

Mark
    Keymaster

More than happy to help! Have a great day too! :D

Regards

Mark

Jacqueline
    Participant

Hi Mark,

How are you? Its been awhile. Unfortunately I did not hear back from NSW regarding my State Sponsorship, hence I reapplied to South Australia. However, they require 70 points in total (inclusive of 5 points from the state) from ICT professionals and mine comes up to only 60. They say they will reduce the points to 65 and 60 eventually. Would you please be able to shed some light in this regard. :(

Thank you.
    Jacqueline

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Jaqueline and sorry for the delay.

Did you hear anything at all from NSW (as in was your application rejected or have things simply gone quiet)?

With regards to the points for ICT professionals being lowered. I’m really unsure what they have based this statement on.

Lowering the points threshold for ICT professionals would suggest that there is a shortage of candidates in this space. I don’t think this is the case and If you are being advised this from an official source I would encourage you to ask this person to clarify in what basis this assumption is being made.

Sorry that I couldn’t provide more help

All the best

Mark

Jacqueline
    Participant

[quote quote=124373]Hi Jaqueline and sorry for the delay.

Did you hear anything at all from NSW (as in was your application rejected or have things simply gone quiet)?

With regards to the points for ICT professionals being lowered. I’m really unsure what they have based this statement on.

Lowering the points threshold for ICT professionals would suggest that there is a shortage of candidates in this space. I don’t think this is the case and If you are being advised this from an official source I would encourage you to ask this person to clarify in what basis this assumption is being made.

Sorry that I couldn’t provide more help

All the best

Mark

[/quote]

Hello Mark,

Yes thats totally fine. Well, NSW wanted a small clarification in regards to my work experience which was already sorted out by my Migration agent. Since then we never heard back. However, as you mentioned I will try to get more insight on the points scheme for SA.

Thank you again.
    Regards
    Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Its been a busy few months for me with Christmas and the holidays, hope you too had a good one. I finally received my Visa to migrate to NSW on the 489 visa category – regional sponsorship though. So now it’s all about packing up and leaving. They have granted me four years and within that four years I have to live in the region for one year and show full-time work (35hours per week) for another year in order to apply for Permanent Residency via the 887 visa.

I have one concern though, they say I can be self-employed too in order to fulfil my work requirement, does this mean that I can even provide my services to an offshore company (work online etc.) and get paid as long I am able to record my time and show invoices as proof of working? How do my earnings get taxed then? I am a bit lost in this area and would appreciate it very much if you could enlighten me in regards to showing proof of work for self-employment.

Thanks a lot.
    Jacqueline

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueline, firstly. Congrats on being granted your visa. That’s great news!!

With regards to self-employment, you would need to register an ABN (Australian Business Number) and have any earnings paid into an associated business account.

With regards to tax, within Australia, if you are self employed, there is the option to make Pay as you go (PAYG) instalments which is a system for making regular payments towards your expected annual income tax liability. It only applies to you if you earn business and/or investment income over a certain amount however.

To be 100% sure if the offshore/online work would count. Please double check with via the contarcts information provided with your offer letter.

I’m pretty certain it would apply, however, I would rather you get 100% accurate information as the impact of making an incorrect judgment could be quite considerable!

All the best and please let me know what you hear back as this may assist other members in similar circumstances.

All the best

Mark

Jacqueline
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your response, that information was very helpful in fact I had no idea about PAYG and that I could get an ABN – this gives much hope. Yes for sure I will share any information on the offshore/online working conditions, if it would help someone just like me :).

I have a couple more questions if its fine with you :) in regards to the 887 PR pathway visa, I hope its not too much of a hassle for you to assist me with your advise.
    So I was the main/primary applicant and my Husband and Daughter were dependent/secondary applicants in my application for the 489 visa. But they both got individual Visas with the same conditions as mine.

Therefore,

1. Should it be me (main/primary applicant) who should fulfil the 1 year work requirement to apply for 887 or can my husband also fulfil this requirement and apply for PR? which then makes myself and my daughter dependants in his application.

2. Would my husband need to fulfil the english language (IELTS) requirement again? since he did not have to show a high band in IELTS as a dependent for 489.

3. Is working from Australia (remotely) for my current employer in my native country legitimate and taxable? Will I be able to fulfil the one year work requirement by doing so? They will deposit my salary to my bank directly in Australia and they also have an Australian branch and I think they also have an ABN.

Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon. Again I must say your responses have been very helpful to me :)

Regards
    Jacqueline

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueline, after such a good start I completely missed your post. I’m so sorry for the delay! :(

Should it be me (main/primary applicant) who should fulfil the 1 year work requirement to apply for 887 or can my husband also fulfil this requirement and apply for PR? which then makes myself and my daughter dependants in his application.

The primary applicant needs to fulfil the requirements associated with the visa unless your visa class suggests otherwise. Your husband could fulfil this however you would need to choose who is going to be the primary applicant.

Would my husband need to fulfil the English language (IELTS) requirement again? since he did not have to show a high band in IELTS as a dependent for 489.

If he was the primary applicant, yes.

Is working from Australia (remotely) for my current employer in my native country legitimate and taxable? Will I be able to fulfil the one year work requirement by doing so? They will deposit my salary to my bank directly in Australia and they also have an Australian branch and I think they also have an ABN.

I think this is very unlikely. Part of the reason why the 887 visa is offered is to encourage people to move to remote areas of Australia and contribute to the local economy. Eg. Use the local shops, full up at the local gas station etc. Simply having your salary paid into an Australian bank account will most likely not suffice.

As always, please seek the advice of the migration department if you are still not 100% sure. More info on the 887 visa type is available here :)

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Mark. Reason: typo
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.