Here at Getting Down Under HQ we frequently get emailed by various folks and organisations that are looking for our help in promoting their products and services to the many visitors and subscribers who visit our site.
As many of these services aren’t particularly appropriate (or simply smell like a bit of a scam) then in most cases we don’t bother.
Recently however we were contacted by an agency asking us to help promote a competition being run by ‘Tourism Australia’. As the competition tied nicely into the concept of ‘Getting Down Under’ and was being run by the Aussie tourist industry then we thought it seemed worthy of a mention.
The prize includes flights to Australia and more importantly the opportunity to experience a month working in Australia so good luck guys!!!
Competition details (and blurb) below..
Cricket, tinnies, Crocodile Dundee and Kylie’s hot pants… Think you know Australia? Get real! Get off your sofa and get yourself down to the place where adventure and a laidback lifestyle are right on your doorstep. If you’re aged between 18 and 30, with a Working Holiday Visa you can live and travel anywhere in Australia for one year and do any job you like. ‘Course, you don’t have to work, but it’s a great way to get extra cash so you can do more and get to know the real Australia.
Get your Aussie working holiday off to a flyer with this cool competition. Win a flight to Oz, and choose one of six great, month-long, paid job placements. It’s the perfect way to kick start your Australian adventure.
– Make the ocean your ‘office’ and dolphins your ‘colleagues’ by becoming a dive guide near Perth
– Join the team at the award-winning Prairie Hotel in the South Australia outback
– Have a Red Centre adventure serving dinner under the stars at Ayers Rock resort
– Become an event organiser for the stars (celestial bodies that is!) at Sydney Observatory
– Or why not explore the magical Whitsunday Islands as part of a Tall Ship crew
– Or become a local working at a hip hostel in one of Melbourne’s coolest areas
So what are you waiting for? Click here to enter: http://www.myspace.com/workinoz